Virginia Tech® home


Welcome Hokie!

Welcome to the Transfer Guide to Virginia Tech! We are excited that you are here exploring your future as a Hokie.

Will My Courses Transfer?

Our extensive databases of previously evaluated transfer courses are a valuable resource to help determine whether your courses will transfer to Virginia Tech.

VCCS Course Equivalents

Search Virginia Community College System course equivalents for courses taken at a VCCS institution.

Transfer Equivalency Database

Search for courses transferring from 2 year schools outside the Virginia Community College System or from 4 year schools that have been previously evaluated.

Military Credit

The American Council on Education (ACE) recognizes the educational value of military training and experience. Therefore, credit will be awarded for those courses with a Virginia Tech equivalent in which the student has earned a grade of "C" or better.

Richard Bland College

Search Richard Bland College transfer equivalencies to determine how your credits may transfer.

AP/IB/CLEP/Cambridge Credit

View how Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, College Level Examination Program, and Cambridge International Exams may transfer.

Important Information: General Studies Associate Degree

The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) recognizes General Studies Associate degrees earned at some Virginia Community College locations. Students who earn the General Studies Associate degree at recognized institutions will receive junior standing and satisfy Pathways to General Education requirements as outline under Fulfilling Virginia Tech Pathways to General Education. Please see the full statement from SCHEV for a list of recognized institutions. Students receiving General Studies Associate degrees from institutions which are not on this list have the opportunity to apply for admission and transfer courses individually as outlined in the Transfer Guide. General Education will not automatically be satisfied, but individual courses may satisfy portions of the general education requirement.

VCCS Passport or Uniform Certificate of General Studies

VCCS students may earn a credential, the Passport or Uniform Certificate of General Studies (UCGS), after successful completion of specific general education courses when selected from a list of approved courses. With either of those credentials, courses completed at the VCCS will transfer to Virginia Tech to individually satisfy a portion of general education requirements. The credential will display on students’ Hokie Spa Transfer Credit Screens and Degree Audits.
Many VCCS courses will transfer for Virginia Tech’s general education but earning either of those credentials expands the list of courses which will apply to general education.
Completion of a transferable VCCS associate degree will satisfy all general education requirements.